The Maldives is the perfect place to experience white, sandy beaches, Indian Ocean sunsets and a glowing marine life, with over 700 varieties of fish that have been seen around the lovely coral reefs and atolls. These can be aptly described as underwater cities. Crown & Champa Resorts invites you to explore the depths of the Maldives sea life for couples, families and children alike.
- Hurawalhi Island Resort’s pristine location at the center of Lhaviyani Atoll’s top dive sites features lively coral reefs and an array of tropical fish on display, expecially sea turtles. Start your Discover Scuba Diving course for a chance to see these special creatures in person.
Fun Fact: Hurawalhi recently hosted founder and CEO of the Olive Ridley Project, Martin Stelfox, for a 4-day informative visit about sea turtles and about threats these magnificent animals are exposed to.
- Take the Sea Turtle Course at Komandoo Island Resort & Spa and explore the different species of Maldives sea turtles that are simply waiting to meet you.
Fun Fact: In the waters around Komandoo there are two different species of turtles that you are likely to encounter – the hawksbill and green sea turtles.
- Dive into the Kuredu Caves with the PADI Sea Turtle Diver Course and discover Kuredu Island Resort & Spa’s unique community of nature’s toughest survivors, green sea turtles.
Fun Fact: The Lhaviyani Atoll is home to one of the Maldives’ largest populations of green sea turtles, concentrated around Kuredu.
- In North Male, Meeru Island Resort & Spa’s Turtle Reef is the best location in the Maldives to spot Turtles. Sign up for the Turtle Explorer on a Yacht excursion every Tuesday and Saturday.
Fun Fact: Euro-Divers Meeru team rescued an injured turtle that was found floating on the ocean’s surface and unable to dive. The juvenile Olive Ridleys turtle, named Mohar, was transported to Marine Save for recovery.
- Veligandu Island Resort offers complimentary intro dives every Thursday afternoon, from 1630 – 1730 at the South Beach. Get acquainted with the 17 dive sites, the spacious Dive Centre, a great variety of courses for beginner and experienced divers, and the international Ocean-Pro dive team to make your turtle spotting adventure an unforgettable experience.
Fun Fact: Spot some friendly Turtles at the Veligandu East dive site, located to the southeast of Veligandu and only a 10-minutes boat ride away.
- Join the Daily Turtle Excursion and have a chance to see, photograph & maybe even swim with the magnificent turtles at Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, daily from 1000 – 1100 and Fridays from 1500-1600.
Fun Fact: In the Maldives, 5 out of 7 sea turtle species can be found, including the Loggerhead, Leatherback and Olive Ridley.
- Opt for a family Submarine Excursion, which Champa Central Hotel can book for you during your stay in colorful Malé city. Experience an underwater dive without getting wet, in the large submarine that accommodates 50 persons.
Fun Fact: The submarine dives to the depth of 40 meters and offers amazing photograph opportunities from 24 large view ports.
Book your next vacation at any of our family-friendly or adults-only Resorts and Hotel, and delight in the joys of Maldives’ rich and colorful marine life.